We take great pride in our Academic Services Department, which provides an array of special services to students with learning needs. Accommodations may include–but not be limited to–course changes, 水平变化, 使用手提电脑, 记笔记, 读者, materials with enlarged print, 磁带书, special classroom seating, extended time on assignments, extended time on tests, assignment to support teachers, social work services, assignment to the writing lab, and scheduled case management.
Academic Services provides an array of services to students with identified learning needs. Accommodations are granted to students through the writing of an Individual Educational Plan (IEP). This IEP is written by Academic Services staff with the input of parents, students and administrators.
The plan is based on the requirements and expectations of Ida Crown Jewish Academy, the psychologist’s report and the recommendations of the Academic Services Department.
Academic Services department of ICJA requires complete psycho-educational testing and full documentation of student needs in order to provide the optimal educational environment for each student
The requirements for receiving Academic Services accommodations are as follows:
- A complete WISC or WAIS
- Complete Woodcock Johnson Achievement and Cognitive tests or WIAT
- Testing must be current i.e., within the past three years
- Testing must include a psychosocial/ developmental history
- A clear diagnosis and description of the functional limitations in an academic environment
- Relevant medical and educational history
- For visual, psychological, emotional or physical disorders complete medical history
- Professional credentials of the evaluator including information about licensure or certification, education and areas of specialization
Through an analysis of the documentation and a review of each student’s academic performance eligibility for academic services will determined. The IEP specifies the accommodations granted and the Academic Services Department monitors and adjusts accommodations as the need may arise. All students receiving accommodation will be scheduled for academic support as part of the school schedule.
Extended time on the ACT or SAT is not determined by Ida Crown Jewish Academy but by the testing agencies.
Academic Services works in conjunction with the Counseling Department to submit requests for accommodations for these tests.
Information is held in strict confidence and parents for students under eighteen years of age must give written permission for ICJA to release information to either the College Board or the American College Test.
For more information, contact (773-973-1450) 夫人. 玛丽莎Loebmann, Director of Academic Services, x148.